Thursday 22 October 2009

My ears just popped


Thank God. I was really worried during the walk home that my tinnitus had come back again. I lost 80% of the hearing in my right ear in 2006 and could just hear the worst feedback in my ear non-stop, 24/7 for 8 solid months. I prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and one day I woke up and I heard silence. I have never been so happy in my life. So yeah. I constantly worry about my ears and I'm usually good with wearing my ear plugs but took them out a bit tonight.

I enjoyed the Offset party tonight. I've been a bit of a recluse lately and was dreading facing the real world today but I really enjoyed it - great venue, mix of people and eclectic music.

I split my set with Christina so didn't get to play the whole 5 songs. I'd actually planned on playing a pretty predictable set of:
Selfish Cunt - England Made Me
Sonic Youth - Schizophrenia
PJ Harvey - Missed
Pavement - Grounded
Chemical Bros with Hope Sandoval - Asleep From Day

I really enjoyed Anthony Chalmers set as he just played stuff from new bands - Male Bonding, Graffiti Island, Rayographs etc.

I'm really exhausted now. I wish I could just sleep for 100 years. I need to disappear - get the hell out of London. Hitch a ride out of thie damn city and head to some next town. I really want to get a car, some books, some tapes and just drive across America. Meeting weird folk, spinning yarns and having time to think. Pure, deep thoughts that aren't tainted by pointless meetings about this band, getting the tube, going to crap gigs and clubs, worrying about scraping money together for bills, my rent and I'm not even going to start on my student loan...i just want to be rid of all these thoughts and plant new, raw, pure, otherworldly thoughts in their place. Whilst driving across a desert listening to The Pixies.

I want life. I don't feel my life is here, doing this, now.

2mins 6 seconds in is what I'm talking about....

No comments:

Post a Comment